Sunday, November 26, 2017

Smee

Woohoo!  I'm on a roll!  I finished piecing both Smee blocks last night.

paper pieced Smee blocks

Smee is a free pattern on Fandom in Stitches.  As you can tell from the pattern picture, Smee needs some embroidery to finish him off. 

paper piece pattern

Also, since I'm using a white on white background, not the blue, like in the pattern picture, and Smee has white whiskers, I needed to add some embroidery to mark the different 'whites'.  I added some gray around his whiskers with embroidery.  I also added his mouth, nose and ear embroidery. 
one block finished
Here are the 2 blocks next to each other, one finished, one still needs the embroidery.
with and without embroidery

As this posts, I'm working on the 2nd block's embroidery, and should be done later today. 

There were 124 pieces of fabric in each Smee block.  Of course I pieced him on a hand crank sewing machine.
1927 Singer 15 hand crank

After the embroidery is done on the 2nd Smee, there is just one more block to finish, Peter Pan himself.  I just need to finish his eyes, then I can put him together. 

7 comments:

  1. Wow, you are cranking right along:) Blocks look good. Such patience you have.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so cute! Your embroidery really brings the piece alive. You are really moving along now! ~Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking good, Cheryl. Your grand is going to love this quilt.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is going to be a masterpiece when you are all done with it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. However did I miss Mr. Smee? Looks great.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are IMPORTANT to me. Thank you for commenting. If you are a no-reply commentor, please leave me your email address, so that I can reply to you. If you don't want everyone to see your email address, then you can send me a private reply (my email address is listed under my profile).